I was slightly low for time on this project due to other commitments so I didn't have time to explore too much and make as many roughs as I normally like before the finish. This one was not only a challenge because of the amount of beards but also because I do favour towards drawing women and have very rarely drawn men.
Within the set I included not just the faces but also some extras so give a concice theme. The development of how I was drawing hair continues to grow through the project. After a lot of line work I went onto taking it into Illustrator to sharpen and give a neatness for the final image.
When it came to carrying the drawing into digital Ive been keeping the same weights as I do traditionally. I feel that gives all my work a uniformity to my style whether the final is presented or sold as a traditional piece, a print or for applying it to products.
So the finished line work is ready and despite there being a lot of pen tool milage I still found the best way to achieve the hair was to draw it freehand on the tablet. Had lots of fun making these and happy how the design transferred from sketchbook to digital.